Valentine’s Day is coming up, and while you may love receiving chocolate, your dog does not. No matter how much they beg, it’s important never to give your dog chocolate or other harmful foods.
Instead, below are a few recipes for homemade dog treats that are healthy and will leave your pup happy and wanting more!
No-Bake Dog Treats
This no-bake dog treat is a no-brainer!
– 2 carrots.
– 1 cup of pumpkin puree.
– ½ cup of peanut butter.
– 2 ½ cups of rolled oats.
– Grate carrots and squeeze some of the liquid out.
– In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Mix well.
– Mixture should be able to hold together- if it is too loose, add more oats, or if it is too thick, add some more peanut butter.
– Roll into balls and chill for 2 hours. Use within 4 days (kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator) or freeze! Just make sure to thaw them before giving them to your pup.
Peanut Butter Dog Treats
These are all great for any season, and if you want to go an extra step, you can use different cookie cutters for each corresponding holiday!
– 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
– 2 eggs.
– ½ cup of pumpkin (canned or pureed).
Note: whole wheat flour is recommended due to its elevated nutritional levels!
– Preheat oven to 350°.
– Combine all ingredients.
– Turn out dough onto a counter and begin working it with your hands. The dough should be dry- but if it is too dry, add a teaspoon of water at a time.
– Roll out and cut dough into desired shapes.
– Bake for 40 minutes, and let cool fully before giving any to your dog!
Tip: You could also drizzle CBD oil or Salmon Oil over your treat before giving it to your pup.
Of course, ask your vet before you give your pup anything out of the ordinary. If your dog is like family to you, it just makes sense to give them the best of the best. That’s why, when it comes time to board them or bring them to doggie daycare, you want somewhere that loves each dog as their own.
Bark U has been in business for six years- with years of prior experience caring for each dog as if it is our own! Our professionals love dogs and are also trained in pet safety, animal behavior, and socialization! We make sure your dog is comfortable and has fun! We have over 7,500 square feet of indoor and outdoor play areas, including enrichment activities, pools, tunnels, and playgrounds. We also offer additional services, like extra enrichment and treat-filled KONG toys!
Our entire staff is first aid and CPR certified, so you can rest easy knowing your pup is safe.
If you’re interested in having your dog enroll in Bark U – Register here and request a temperament assessment. To learn more about our other services, visit us online or call us at 215-486-2200 today!